UP govt promises development, not statues
Lucknow: Slamming the last five-year-"jungle raj" as unparallelled in the history of the country when the people got nothing but stones, statues and memorials, UP Governor BL Joshi on Monday said the new government has formulated an agenda of development for the state.
"This state has witnessed corruption, atrocities on innocent people and jungle raj unparallelled in the country`s history during the last five years," the Governor said in his address to the joint session of the state legislature.
“The people got nothing accept stones statues and memorials. Owing to political degradation, several incidents took place which brought shame to the state... My government has formulated the agenda of development to take the state ahead on the path of progress in place of the plundering rampant in the last five years," Joshi said.
"The people are pinning their hopes on the government for infrastructure facilities like roads, water and electricity and not for statues," the Governor said.
Establishing peace and mutual goodwill by streamlining the law and order situation in the state was the top priority of the government, Joshi said.
The government`s other priorities included fulfilment of the ruling party`s election manifesto that promised to give unemployment allowance, provide laptops and tablets to 12th and 10th pass students, restart the Kanya Vidyadhan Scheme for girls, increase farmers` accident insurance scheme amount from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, he said.
Claiming the earlier government was non cooperative and people were unable to convey their sufferings, the Governor said, the new government has made arrangements for the people to directly meet the chief minister through Janta darshan.
Emphasising the new government was committed to socio-economic development of farmers, he said, lack of preparation by the previous government was adversely hampering the wheat purchase that was currently on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know