UP govt promises strict action against schools violating RTE
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Government on Saturday said strict action would be taken against schools overlooking the order of the Supreme Court on Right to Education.
Basic Education Minister Ram Govind Chaudhary said strict implementation of the SC order would be ensured in the state and recognition of schools violating it could be cancelled.
He told reporters as per the order, the schools would not only be required to give admission to 25 percent poor children, but also provide them facilities like other students.
Chaudhary said that emphasis would be given that schools run as per the schedule and an environment of education and discipline was created.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference