UP govt promotes 30 IPS officers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has promoted 30 IPS officers to the post of Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Inspector General (IG) and Additinal Director General (ADG), leading to transfers in the days to come, official sources said here Wednesday.
"Officers of 1983, 1991 and 1995 batches have been
promoted to ADG, IG and DIG rank respectively. The transfers
according to their rank will take place in the days to come,
may be after Diwali," a senior Home department official said
Among those promoted included DIG and IG Lucknow
Rajeev Krishna and KL Meena respectively. While Krishna has
been given the IG rank, Meean has become ADG, sources said.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set