UP Govt promoting hoarders, alleges BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the state government
was promoting hoarding of fertilisers, BJP today claimed that
contrary to the government claims, there was an acute shortage
of fertilisers in the state.
"The state government has turned a blind eye towards
the hoarders and promoting them due to which there was acute
shortage of fertiliser in the state," state BJP vice president
Hriday Narain Dixit told reporters here.
He said that while farmers were protesting against the
shortage of fertiliser, state government was not paying any
heed to them by ignoring their interests.
"While government officers were conducting raids at
village level shops, they were patronising big fertiliser
dealers. BSP government is anti-farmer," Dixit alleged.
He said that in Basti district, farmers, who were
demanding adequate supply of fertilisers, were cane charged by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video