UP govt promoting industries in state: Akhilesh
Agra: The Uttar Pradesh government was taking the required steps to encourage the setting up of new industries in the state as it will help in generating job opportunities and raising the state`s per capita income, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said here on Sunday.
Akhilesh, while inaugurating the All India Rabi Seminar of Oil Seeds, Oil Trade and Industry, asked the industrialists from different parts of the country to set up their units in the UP to help in the state`s development.
Problems related to the sugar industry in the state and the perfume sector in Kannauj have been solved after several round of deliberations, he said.
Akhilesh also called for steps to increase oilseeds production in the state by using better quality seeds and improved technique.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- IND Vs WI: Ajinkya Rahane relishing West Indies challenge as the new Vice Captain
- 'Humiliated' Quami Ekta Dal blames Akhilesh Yadav for cancellation of merger
- Europe presses Britain for quick exit to limit global fallout
- Brain dead driver gives new lease of life to seven people
- Al Qaeda praises Orlando gunman; asks jihadists to target white Americans instead of gays