UP govt promoting industries in state: Akhilesh
Agra: The Uttar Pradesh government was taking the required steps to encourage the setting up of new industries in the state as it will help in generating job opportunities and raising the state`s per capita income, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said here on Sunday.
Akhilesh, while inaugurating the All India Rabi Seminar of Oil Seeds, Oil Trade and Industry, asked the industrialists from different parts of the country to set up their units in the UP to help in the state`s development.
Problems related to the sugar industry in the state and the perfume sector in Kannauj have been solved after several round of deliberations, he said.
Akhilesh also called for steps to increase oilseeds production in the state by using better quality seeds and improved technique.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption