UP govt promoting industries in state: Akhilesh
Agra: The Uttar Pradesh government was taking the required steps to encourage the setting up of new industries in the state as it will help in generating job opportunities and raising the state`s per capita income, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said here on Sunday.
Akhilesh, while inaugurating the All India Rabi Seminar of Oil Seeds, Oil Trade and Industry, asked the industrialists from different parts of the country to set up their units in the UP to help in the state`s development.
Problems related to the sugar industry in the state and the perfume sector in Kannauj have been solved after several round of deliberations, he said.
Akhilesh also called for steps to increase oilseeds production in the state by using better quality seeds and improved technique.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal