UP govt promoting industries in state: Akhilesh
Agra: The Uttar Pradesh government was taking the required steps to encourage the setting up of new industries in the state as it will help in generating job opportunities and raising the state`s per capita income, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said here on Sunday.
Akhilesh, while inaugurating the All India Rabi Seminar of Oil Seeds, Oil Trade and Industry, asked the industrialists from different parts of the country to set up their units in the UP to help in the state`s development.
Problems related to the sugar industry in the state and the perfume sector in Kannauj have been solved after several round of deliberations, he said.
Akhilesh also called for steps to increase oilseeds production in the state by using better quality seeds and improved technique.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'