UP govt recommends extension to Lokayukta
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
recommended a two-year extension to Lokayukta Justice (Retd) N
K Mehrotra, highly placed sources said on Friday.
A recommendation to this effect was sent yesterday
but it has not yet got the approval of the Governor, sources
They said the the Lokayukta, whose term ended yesterday,
is likely to get an extension of two years.
Justice Mehrotra had made a recommendation against
several of ministerial colleagues of former Chief Minister
Mayawati, following which about half a dozen of them were
sacked by her.
The Lokayukta, who had recommended CBI probe against
former UP minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui, a close aide of
Mayawati, and several other ex-ministers, is probing
corruption cases against several other BSP leaders like
Ramveer Upadhaya, Lalji Verma and others who had held key
positions in the her government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video