UP govt removes Advocate General VC Mishra
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has removed Advocate General (AG) Vinay Chandra Mishra from his post.
"From July 29 Uttar Pradesh Governor has relieved Vinay Chandra Mishra, Advocate General, from his post," said a notification issued by the state government on July 29.
As per the notification Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has been authorised to select the new AG.
Mishra, who was appointed as the AG following resignation of SP Gupta in November last year, said that if he would have been asked to resign, he would have done that on his own.
Alleging conspiracy, Mishra said that he would clarify the situation before SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Mishra, who had held important posts in Allahabad High Court, hails from Etawah, the native place of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
He has served as Chairman of Bar Council of India and president of Bar Council of Allahabad High Court for seven terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH