UP govt requests Centre for more AIIMS like institutions
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said that it has requested the Centre to establish AIIMS like institutions at Purvanchal, Bundelkhand and Rohailkhand besides the one already sanctioned in Raebareli.
"We have requested the Centre to open AIIMS or its campus hospitals at Purvanchal, Bundelkhand and Rohailkhand besides one sanctioned in Raebareli", the state government said in a reply in the Assembly.
The question was raised by BJP member Satya Prakash Agarwal.
Later, on BJP member Radhamohan Das Agarwal`s resolution seeking establishment of AIIMS at Gorakhpur, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said that establishment of AIIMS was subject of Centre and it would provide land wherever the Centre came forward with AIIMS proposal.
During the discussions, members of different parties demanded establishment of AIIMS in their constituencies.
Some lighter moments were witnessed when Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh said that AIIMS should be established in Pratapgarh.
Khan immediately stood up and said, "why Pratapgarh, it should come up in Rampur (his constituency)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why