UP govt requests Centre for more AIIMS like institutions
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said that it has requested the Centre to establish AIIMS like institutions at Purvanchal, Bundelkhand and Rohailkhand besides the one already sanctioned in Raebareli.
"We have requested the Centre to open AIIMS or its campus hospitals at Purvanchal, Bundelkhand and Rohailkhand besides one sanctioned in Raebareli", the state government said in a reply in the Assembly.
The question was raised by BJP member Satya Prakash Agarwal.
Later, on BJP member Radhamohan Das Agarwal`s resolution seeking establishment of AIIMS at Gorakhpur, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said that establishment of AIIMS was subject of Centre and it would provide land wherever the Centre came forward with AIIMS proposal.
During the discussions, members of different parties demanded establishment of AIIMS in their constituencies.
Some lighter moments were witnessed when Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh said that AIIMS should be established in Pratapgarh.
Khan immediately stood up and said, "why Pratapgarh, it should come up in Rampur (his constituency)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised