`UP govt resolute to bring minority community to mainstream`
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government is determined to bring the minority community into social mainstream, UP Governor BL Joshi said on Wednesday.
"My government is determined to bring the minority community to the main social stream by ensuring all round development as per the recommendations of the Sachchar committee," Joshi said in a written address to the joint session of the UP Legislature.
He said that to ensure the justified share of minority community in various programmes, 85 welfare schemes of 30 departments have been selected under which 20 percent of the target has been quantified for the community.
The state government has made significant progress in all sectors, including power, agriculture, education and health and was determined to bring the minority community into the main social stream, Joshi said during the address which he could read only symbolically within minutes with entire opposition raising anti-government slogans.
The poor people were spending not even a single paisa to get medicine in the government hospitals, along with pathological tests, Joshi said adding that free ambulance service has also been introduced and new super speciality hospitals, including those for serious ailments like cancer, were also being set up.
The government has also decided to construct a 500-bed child hospital in Gorakhpur where a large number of cases of Japanese encephalitis have been reported in the past, he said.
Joshi said that while education of children has been made free, free uniforms were also being given to the students up to class eighth and students have been equipped with laptops to inculcate the progressive outlook of the students.
The Governor said that the irrigation duty has been exempted benefiting 55 lakh farmers, besides their loan has been waived off by providing them Rs 1650 crore.
He said that cane price amounting to about Rs 32,530 crore has been paid to the farmers.
"It is the result of the government`s effort for industrialisation that the growth rate of UP stood at 5.9 percent in the year 2012-13, while it was only 5 percent at the national level in the corresponding year," he said.
Joshi said that the state government aims to supply power round the clock in all cities and for 16 hours in the rural areas by the year 2016-17.
He said that to give a boost to the tourism industry the government has decided to get constructed international airport at Agra and Kushinagar.
The skill development programme has been started by the government for making the youth trade oriented, he said.
Joshi said that the government has decided to start ambitious Metro Rail project for which desired clearances have been issued and further action was being taken to give it a concrete shape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India