UP govt revokes Durga Shakti Nagpal`s suspension
Zee News Bureau/Manisha Singh
Lucknow: A day after Durga Shakti Nagpal met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, her suspension was revoked by the state government on Sunday.
28-year old IAS officer was suspended as the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Gautam Buddh Nagar in July this year for allegedly ordering the demolition of a mosque being built illegally on government land in Greater Noida.
As per reports, she had met the CM yesterday, along with her husband. The meeting was the first between Akhilesh Yadav and her ever since the controversy over her suspension broke out.
It is being said that the 2009 batch officer reportedly apologised to the Chief Minister. She had earlier met Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party chief and has explained her stand to him.
The Akhliesh government was heavily criticised for suspending the young IAS officer. It was said that the move followed her strict action against the politically-connected illegal sand mining mafia in western UP.
IAS officers` organisation had protested against Durga`s suspension. It had also led to a war of words between the Congress and the Samajwadi Party after Sonia Gandhi wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying that the officer was being treated unfairly. The SP had retorted by quoting the example of Haryana cadre IAS officer Ashok Khemka and Sonia`s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’