UP govt sanctions more funds for Muzaffarnagar riot victims
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh government has sanctioned an additional amount of Rs 3.28 crore for providing relief to riot victims, district authorities said here Friday.
The state government has released more fund of Rs 3.28 crore for riot victims. Relief would be provided to 58 families of riots victims, 52 injured and 70 house owners whose houses got damaged in riots, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters.
The step has been taken on the direction of Supreme Court to provide adequate relief and rehabilitation funds riot victims in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas.
The communal violence, which had broken out in September last year in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining towns, had claimed over 40 lives and rendered above 50,000 people homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical