UP govt sets up teams to probe illegal sand, mud, stone mining
Lucknow: SP-led Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has set up an inquiry into the alleged illegal mining of stone, sand and mud for construction of parks and memorials during the previous BSP regime.
"An inquiry has been instituted to probe illegal mining of sand, stone and mud in previous regime for construction of memorials and parks", state Mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
Three teams have been constituted for the purpose and have been asked to submit their report within 15 days.
The teams will also probe whether the specified amount of royalty was paid to the state mining department for digging mud for construction of the Yamuna Expressway, Prajapati said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened