UP govt sets up teams to probe illegal sand, mud, stone mining
Lucknow: SP-led Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has set up an inquiry into the alleged illegal mining of stone, sand and mud for construction of parks and memorials during the previous BSP regime.
"An inquiry has been instituted to probe illegal mining of sand, stone and mud in previous regime for construction of memorials and parks", state Mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
Three teams have been constituted for the purpose and have been asked to submit their report within 15 days.
The teams will also probe whether the specified amount of royalty was paid to the state mining department for digging mud for construction of the Yamuna Expressway, Prajapati said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt