UP govt sets up teams to probe illegal sand, mud, stone mining
Lucknow: SP-led Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has set up an inquiry into the alleged illegal mining of stone, sand and mud for construction of parks and memorials during the previous BSP regime.
"An inquiry has been instituted to probe illegal mining of sand, stone and mud in previous regime for construction of memorials and parks", state Mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
Three teams have been constituted for the purpose and have been asked to submit their report within 15 days.
The teams will also probe whether the specified amount of royalty was paid to the state mining department for digging mud for construction of the Yamuna Expressway, Prajapati said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH