UP govt spends over Rs 18 cr on ads
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
spent over Rs 18 crore on nine advertisements given to various news channels since September 20 last year, according to reply to an RTI query.
The advertisements were made by the UP Information
Department and aired on various news channels, as per the
reply to a query from convener of National RTI Forum Nutun
The advertisements were between the duration of 40 seconds
and five minutes 35 seconds.
The Forum strongly criticised the "excessive expenditure
by the state government on self-praise" instead of spending
the money on welfare schemes for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth