UP govt spends over Rs 18 cr on ads
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
spent over Rs 18 crore on nine advertisements given to various news channels since September 20 last year, according to reply to an RTI query.
The advertisements were made by the UP Information
Department and aired on various news channels, as per the
reply to a query from convener of National RTI Forum Nutun
The advertisements were between the duration of 40 seconds
and five minutes 35 seconds.
The Forum strongly criticised the "excessive expenditure
by the state government on self-praise" instead of spending
the money on welfare schemes for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday