UP govt spends over Rs 18 cr on ads
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
spent over Rs 18 crore on nine advertisements given to various news channels since September 20 last year, according to reply to an RTI query.
The advertisements were made by the UP Information
Department and aired on various news channels, as per the
reply to a query from convener of National RTI Forum Nutun
The advertisements were between the duration of 40 seconds
and five minutes 35 seconds.
The Forum strongly criticised the "excessive expenditure
by the state government on self-praise" instead of spending
the money on welfare schemes for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen