UP govt spent Rs 14 cr on its 10 aircraft in 2012-13: CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government spent over Rs 14 crore on fuel and maintenance of 10 state-owned helicopters and planes in 2012-13, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav informed the state Assembly today.
Rs 11.10 crore was spent on their maintenance and Rs 3.35 crore on fuel, he said in a written reply. On whether the state would curtail air travel by ministers and government functionaries, he said, "Air travel is made in public interest to save time in cases of emergency.”
“In normal conditions, preference is given to road journey," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users