UP govt spent Rs 14 cr on its 10 aircraft in 2012-13: CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government spent over Rs 14 crore on fuel and maintenance of 10 state-owned helicopters and planes in 2012-13, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav informed the state Assembly today.
Rs 11.10 crore was spent on their maintenance and Rs 3.35 crore on fuel, he said in a written reply. On whether the state would curtail air travel by ministers and government functionaries, he said, "Air travel is made in public interest to save time in cases of emergency.”
“In normal conditions, preference is given to road journey," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly