UP govt spent Rs 14 cr on its 10 aircraft in 2012-13: CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government spent over Rs 14 crore on fuel and maintenance of 10 state-owned helicopters and planes in 2012-13, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav informed the state Assembly today.
Rs 11.10 crore was spent on their maintenance and Rs 3.35 crore on fuel, he said in a written reply. On whether the state would curtail air travel by ministers and government functionaries, he said, "Air travel is made in public interest to save time in cases of emergency.”
“In normal conditions, preference is given to road journey," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pro-EU Londoners rebel with `Lexit` secession call
- Maiden flight of Su-30 MKI with BrahMos missile successful
- Turkey police detain 28 in raids on Erdogan foes
- AAP MLA arrested for sexual harassment, Kejriwal attacks PM with ''Emergency'' taunt
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a special friend: Subramanian Swamy