UP govt suspends 60 engineers and officers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today suspended at least 60 engineers and officers posted in the Public Works, Irrigation, Cooperative departments for irregularities in carrying out developmental projects in the previous BSP regime.
The suspensions are made by the departmental minister Shivpal Singh Yadav.
The minister during an inspection of Lucknow-Kanpur to Hardoi road broadening work on April 13 found that roads were of poor quality due to which 15 PWD engineers, including executive engineer were suspended, official sources said here.
Besides them, disciplinary action has been ordered against Chief Engineer Krishan Kumar and the then executive engineer Atar Singh--both of PWD, they said.
Taking note of financial and administrative anomalies in construction of Kanshiram memorial, Eco Green Park, Bhimrao Ambedkar memorial park, Baudh Vihar Shanti Upvan--constructed in previous Mayawati regime, the minister suspended 18 officers including Chief Engineer, four General Managers, three project managers of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN).
Similarly, in the irrigation department, the minister suspended 10 engineers in irregularities in conducting cleaning, flood protection work in Lakhimpur Kheri, they said.
During spot inspection of Bansagar project, the minister found that for past five years Rs 1286 crores were spent in it but the work was still incomplete.
"It was also found that a group of 8-10 engineers were posted there to conduct financial anomalies and work was given to inexperienced contractors due to which water could not reach UP from Madhya Pradesh", they said.
Taking the matter seriously, Yadav suspended six engineers including chief engineer Bansagar section of the irrigation department.
Among these officers, directives have been given to stop pension of five engineers, who have retired.
In Lakhimpur-Kheri, eight engineers are suspended in anomalies in purchase of GEO bag besides lodging FIRs against firms involved in the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'