UP govt suspends 60 engineers and officers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today suspended at least 60 engineers and officers posted in the Public Works, Irrigation, Cooperative departments for irregularities in carrying out developmental projects in the previous BSP regime.
The suspensions are made by the departmental minister Shivpal Singh Yadav.
The minister during an inspection of Lucknow-Kanpur to Hardoi road broadening work on April 13 found that roads were of poor quality due to which 15 PWD engineers, including executive engineer were suspended, official sources said here.
Besides them, disciplinary action has been ordered against Chief Engineer Krishan Kumar and the then executive engineer Atar Singh--both of PWD, they said.
Taking note of financial and administrative anomalies in construction of Kanshiram memorial, Eco Green Park, Bhimrao Ambedkar memorial park, Baudh Vihar Shanti Upvan--constructed in previous Mayawati regime, the minister suspended 18 officers including Chief Engineer, four General Managers, three project managers of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN).
Similarly, in the irrigation department, the minister suspended 10 engineers in irregularities in conducting cleaning, flood protection work in Lakhimpur Kheri, they said.
During spot inspection of Bansagar project, the minister found that for past five years Rs 1286 crores were spent in it but the work was still incomplete.
"It was also found that a group of 8-10 engineers were posted there to conduct financial anomalies and work was given to inexperienced contractors due to which water could not reach UP from Madhya Pradesh", they said.
Taking the matter seriously, Yadav suspended six engineers including chief engineer Bansagar section of the irrigation department.
Among these officers, directives have been given to stop pension of five engineers, who have retired.
In Lakhimpur-Kheri, eight engineers are suspended in anomalies in purchase of GEO bag besides lodging FIRs against firms involved in the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row