UP govt suspends SDM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday ordered suspension of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri district after he was found guilty of negligence in duty.
Satya Prakash Singh was accused of allocating ponds to ineligible candidates for fishery when he was posted in Naugarh district in the same capacity, an official spokesperson said.
Singh has prima facie been found guilty of causing revenue loss to the gram sabha, and the Commissioner of Basti has been asked to conduct an inquiry in this connection, he said.
The officer has been attached to the revenue board.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video