UP govt suspends SDM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday ordered suspension of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri district after he was found guilty of negligence in duty.
Satya Prakash Singh was accused of allocating ponds to ineligible candidates for fishery when he was posted in Naugarh district in the same capacity, an official spokesperson said.
Singh has prima facie been found guilty of causing revenue loss to the gram sabha, and the Commissioner of Basti has been asked to conduct an inquiry in this connection, he said.
The officer has been attached to the revenue board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you