UP govt suspends SDM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday ordered suspension of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri district after he was found guilty of negligence in duty.
Satya Prakash Singh was accused of allocating ponds to ineligible candidates for fishery when he was posted in Naugarh district in the same capacity, an official spokesperson said.
Singh has prima facie been found guilty of causing revenue loss to the gram sabha, and the Commissioner of Basti has been asked to conduct an inquiry in this connection, he said.
The officer has been attached to the revenue board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months