UP govt suspends senior police official
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended an Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), who allegedly got his shoes laces tied by a constable.
The behaviour of ASP, Traffic, Agra, VN Tiwari was found "highly irresponsible" by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav after which his suspension orders were issued last night, official sources said here.
A photograph of the officer was published in some local dailies in Agra in which a constable was tying the lace of the officer`s shoes.
The officer has been attached to Police Training Centre (PTC), Chunar, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack