UP govt suspends senior police official
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended an Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), who allegedly got his shoes laces tied by a constable.
The behaviour of ASP, Traffic, Agra, VN Tiwari was found "highly irresponsible" by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav after which his suspension orders were issued last night, official sources said here.
A photograph of the officer was published in some local dailies in Agra in which a constable was tying the lace of the officer`s shoes.
The officer has been attached to Police Training Centre (PTC), Chunar, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Bengaluru's first woman taxi driver found dead, no suicide note found
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here
- Dubai, Hong Kong and Malaysia will also get a taste of India's Amrapali mango
- Tata Communications to sell subsidiary Neotel for Rs 2,904 crore
- VIDEO: Iceland commentator goes nuts as team shocks England at Euro 2016