UP govt suspends senior police official
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended an Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), who allegedly got his shoes laces tied by a constable.
The behaviour of ASP, Traffic, Agra, VN Tiwari was found "highly irresponsible" by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav after which his suspension orders were issued last night, official sources said here.
A photograph of the officer was published in some local dailies in Agra in which a constable was tying the lace of the officer`s shoes.
The officer has been attached to Police Training Centre (PTC), Chunar, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai