UP govt suspends senior police official
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended an Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), who allegedly got his shoes laces tied by a constable.
The behaviour of ASP, Traffic, Agra, VN Tiwari was found "highly irresponsible" by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav after which his suspension orders were issued last night, official sources said here.
A photograph of the officer was published in some local dailies in Agra in which a constable was tying the lace of the officer`s shoes.
The officer has been attached to Police Training Centre (PTC), Chunar, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley