UP govt to clear Milk producers` dues: CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday said the dues of milk producers pending through societies would be cleared by the state government.
"Dues of Rs 55 crore of milk producers pending through milk societies will be cleared by the government," he said after laying foundation stone of a dairy plant with a capacity of processing five lakh litres of milk per day.
"I am confident that if producers get right price and timely payments are made, their interest in this sector will increase," he added.
Agriculture Production Commissioner Alok Ranjan said while two lakh litres milk would be packed at the plant, another three lakh litres would be processed to manufacture 30 MT powder.
The plant would also produce, ghee, butter, curd and ice-cream, he added.
Yadav said, though two years time has been fixed to complete the plant, efforts should be made to finish the project before Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
He said it was unfortunate that farmers were not getting the benefit of their produce, while others were earning profits.
"Once the product leaves the hand of a farmer, people earn profit, but he (farmer) is not getting the benefit. Cost of production is also increasing. SP wants to change the system," he said.
"It will take time to bring things back on the track. But the manner in which decision are being taken, departments will be reformed one by one and we will bring the state back on the track of progress," he added.
The Chief Minister said unemployment allowance would be distributed from September 9.
"We will arrange jobs, for which policies are being framed and industries will come to the state, but in the meantime we will give unemployment allowance," he said.
Yadav said `kanya vidyaddhan` would be given and financial assistance would be given to Muslim girls who have passed high school.
The minister said there is a power crisis in the state but SP (Samajwadi Party) is not responsible for it.
"The previous government did not do what was required but the responsibility came on SP after forming the government. We are making arrangements to increase generation and improve transmission and distribution system," he said.
He also said the government would soon take a decision on launching a scheme for interest free loans for farmers to purchase improved breed of cattle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in