UP govt to compensate Mujahid`s family: Bukhari
Lucknow: Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Maulana Ahmed Bukhari on Sunday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav over the death of terror suspect Khalid Mujahid in police custody.
Bukhari told reporters after his meeting, in which Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was also present, that they had assured "adequate compensation" to the Mujahid`s kin.
However, there was no official word from the state government.
"I told them (Akhilesh and Mulayam) that Mujahid`s death was unfortunate and there would be grief and anger among Muslims," the cleric said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?