UP govt to create new post for PPS officers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government is mulling to create a new post of Joint Superintendent of Police for Provincial Police Service (PPS) officers who could not be inducted into the IPS cadre for various reasons.
The state Home Department will send a proposal to the Personnel Department in this regard, Secretary (Home) Subash Chandra Sharma said.
"The PPS cadre of the state will be reorganised and a discussion in this regard was held among Principal Secretary Home RM Srivastava, DGP AC Sharma and other officers.
"A proposal to create a post of JSP will be sent to the Personnel Department," Subash Chandra said.
At the meeting it was felt a new post should be created for officers above 54 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH