UP govt to ensure adequate power supply: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Amid public resentment over power crisis, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said the state government will work on a large scale to ensure power supply was in accordance with the electricity demand.
The Samajwadi Party government has inherited a loss of Rs 25,000 crore from the previous Mayawati regime, but it was working on setting up of new projects which would free people of the power crisis in the years to come, he said after inaugurating a law college here.
Referring to education sector, he said that providing qualitative education in the rural area was a big challenge but the government was working in this direction and change was visible in the field.
The CM said qualitative education which assists in getting employment was needed in the country. Emphasising on technical institutions like ITI, he said such institutions were helpful in removing unemployment.
Meanwhile, in Farukkhabad, Akhilesh assured people to ensure integrated development of the district.
In a programme, he distributed free laptops to the students.
On the memorandum of an organisation "Lohia ke Log" regarding neglect of the area, he said schemes for the development of Farukkhabad would be soon formalised.
Meanwhile, two youths attempted to take laptops on the basis of fake intermediate marksheets, but were nabbed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city