UP govt to ensure adequate power supply: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Amid public resentment over power crisis, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said the state government will work on a large scale to ensure power supply was in accordance with the electricity demand.
The Samajwadi Party government has inherited a loss of Rs 25,000 crore from the previous Mayawati regime, but it was working on setting up of new projects which would free people of the power crisis in the years to come, he said after inaugurating a law college here.
Referring to education sector, he said that providing qualitative education in the rural area was a big challenge but the government was working in this direction and change was visible in the field.
The CM said qualitative education which assists in getting employment was needed in the country. Emphasising on technical institutions like ITI, he said such institutions were helpful in removing unemployment.
Meanwhile, in Farukkhabad, Akhilesh assured people to ensure integrated development of the district.
In a programme, he distributed free laptops to the students.
On the memorandum of an organisation "Lohia ke Log" regarding neglect of the area, he said schemes for the development of Farukkhabad would be soon formalised.
Meanwhile, two youths attempted to take laptops on the basis of fake intermediate marksheets, but were nabbed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception