UP govt to extend tenure of Commission on Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh government is likely to extend the tenure of the one man inquiry commission into Muzaffarnagar riots that left over 60 people dead as it is yet to submit its report despite the two-month deadline ending on Monday.
The Justice (ret) Vishnu Sahai Commission has sought more time to complete its inquiry and the process is already on in this regard, official sources said.
The Commission has received more than 350 written statements and has also visited Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat and Meerut and Saharanpur districts affected by communal violence in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred