UP govt to extend tenure of Commission on Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh government is likely to extend the tenure of the one man inquiry commission into Muzaffarnagar riots that left over 60 people dead as it is yet to submit its report despite the two-month deadline ending on Monday.
The Justice (ret) Vishnu Sahai Commission has sought more time to complete its inquiry and the process is already on in this regard, official sources said.
The Commission has received more than 350 written statements and has also visited Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat and Meerut and Saharanpur districts affected by communal violence in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH