UP govt to extend tenure of Commission on Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh government is likely to extend the tenure of the one man inquiry commission into Muzaffarnagar riots that left over 60 people dead as it is yet to submit its report despite the two-month deadline ending on Monday.
The Justice (ret) Vishnu Sahai Commission has sought more time to complete its inquiry and the process is already on in this regard, official sources said.
The Commission has received more than 350 written statements and has also visited Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat and Meerut and Saharanpur districts affected by communal violence in September.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview