UP govt to formulate theme park construction policy
Lucknow: With an aim to have amusement parks in Uttar Pradesh similar to the world famous Disneyland in the US, the state government today decided to formulate "theme park construction policy" in which a number of facilities would be provided to the developers.
"In a bid to give boost to tourism, theme park construction policy will be formulated by the state. As per plans, theme parks would be developed in the state on the lines of Disneyland US," Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said.
The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. He said that no stamp duty would be taken for the land to the developers and they would also not be charged entertainment and luxury taxes for 10 years.
The state government also decided to employ retired teachers between age group 61-64 years in aided non-government colleges on honorarium basis, Usmani said.
The state also increased number of members in State Backward Commission from 17 to 25, he said. In another important decision, the state cabinet approved formulation of UP village contact roads maintenance policy, he said.
The cabinet also approved Rs 965 crore financial aid to 11 cooperative banks, whose licence was not renewed by RBI and for those cooperative banks, which are running in profit would given them loan, whose interest would be paid by the government, he said.
The cabinet also decided to include "Banjara" caste in scheduled caste category and for this, a proposal would be sent to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- It's raining sponsors at Cricket Association of Bengal
- India thump Pakistan to enter final of Asian Snooker team championship
- Tata Steel says yet to shortlist bidder for UK plant