UP govt to inspect hotels after molestation bid
Lucknow: Expressing serious concern over the molestation bid on a foreign tourist in a hotel in Agra yesterday, Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday accepted the need for an inspection of all hotels and rest houses, where such incidents have taken place.
Replying to an adjournment notice of Hukum Singh (BJP) on the Agra incident in the Assembly, state Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan agreed to the suggestion of the BJP member that a detailed inspection of such hotels and rest houses be conducted where such incidents have taken place, specially where there was an involvement of hotel owners like in Agra.
"It is all the more serious when there is involvement of the hotel owner or those belonging to the management of the hotels, in such crime", Khan said.
Terming the growing trend as alarming, Khan said it can be checked only when the society is ready to boycott the offenders, as no law can put a check on the intentions of people.
Hukum Singh had earlier said that such hotels should not be allowed to operate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC