UP govt to inspect hotels after molestation bid
Lucknow: Expressing serious concern over the molestation bid on a foreign tourist in a hotel in Agra yesterday, Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday accepted the need for an inspection of all hotels and rest houses, where such incidents have taken place.
Replying to an adjournment notice of Hukum Singh (BJP) on the Agra incident in the Assembly, state Parliamentary Affairs Minister Azam Khan agreed to the suggestion of the BJP member that a detailed inspection of such hotels and rest houses be conducted where such incidents have taken place, specially where there was an involvement of hotel owners like in Agra.
"It is all the more serious when there is involvement of the hotel owner or those belonging to the management of the hotels, in such crime", Khan said.
Terming the growing trend as alarming, Khan said it can be checked only when the society is ready to boycott the offenders, as no law can put a check on the intentions of people.
Hukum Singh had earlier said that such hotels should not be allowed to operate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen