UP govt to print posters of touts to check corruption
Lucknow: In a bid to check corruption in welfare schemes, the Uttar Pradesh government has directed the rural development department to prepare posters of touts and paste them in villages and blocks.
"Chief Development Officers should launch a drive against corruption and get FIRs lodged against middlemen involved in schemes like Indira Awas and Mahamaya Awas Yojna,"
Rural Development Minister Daddu Prasad said during a review
meeting here yesterday.
"Posters of these middlemen should be printed and pasted on the walls in the villages and blocks so that corruption could be checked," he added.
He said that awareness camps should be organised in all blocks across the state to make people aware.
Prasad said that stern action should be taken against officers having poor performance in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS