UP govt to probe non-payment of salaries to madarsa teachers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday said that it would order an inquiry into why madarsa teachers were not paid salaries despite grants by the Centre in November last year and initiate strict action against those found guilty.
"The government will probe the delay in payment of money to madarsa teachers despite Central grants for the same in November last year. Strict action will be initiated against those officers found guilty", Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said in reply to a question in the Assembly.
During the question hour, Congress member Rita Bahuguna Joshi sought to know the reasons behind the delay in disbursement of salaries to madarsa teachers.
In reply to another question by her, the minister ruled out the possibility of increasing amount paid to the madarsa teachers.
The minister said that no heed was paid in the minority welfare department in past (BSP) regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared