UP govt to provide police, education jobs to youths: Akhilesh
Gonda: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said his government would soon start recruiting unemployed youths in education and police departments to provide them jobs.
"Appointments in education and police departments will be started soon and youths will be given jobs", Yadav said while talking to reporters here.
Yadav said his government was already giving unemployment allowance to youths and now planned to employ them by filling vacant posts in government departments.
The Chief Minister was here to attend the marriage function of former minister Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh`s nephew Suraj Singh.
Vinod Kumar Singh was minister of state for Revenue before he resigned from his post following allegation of abducting a Chief Medical Officer.
Regarding the announcement of cane price, Yadav said it would be more than the present rate keeping in mind the interest of the cane farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice