UP govt to purchase 15 lakh laptops for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has decided to purchase 15 lakh laptops from Hewlett-Packard India to be distributed among students who pass high school, as promised by Samajwadi Party during Assembly polls in 2012.
"UP Electronics corporation Limited has been allowed by the cabinet to purchase 15 lakh laptops at Rs 19,058 (including taxes and duty) from HP India Sales Private Limited and issue letter of indent in this regard", an official said here.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took a decision in this regard in a cabinet meeting held here today.
The cabinet also gave a nod to UP solar energy policy-2013, approving policy for opening more sugar mills in the state by private sector.
A number of awards including state level Dr Bhim Ram Ambedkar award for small entrepreneurs, state level Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar for handicraft and Manyawar Kanshiram export award have been renamed as Dr Ram Manohar Lohia small entrepreneur award, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia award for Handicraft and Jeneshwar Mishra export award respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video