UP govt to purchase 15 lakh laptops for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has decided to purchase 15 lakh laptops from Hewlett-Packard India to be distributed among students who pass high school, as promised by Samajwadi Party during Assembly polls in 2012.
"UP Electronics corporation Limited has been allowed by the cabinet to purchase 15 lakh laptops at Rs 19,058 (including taxes and duty) from HP India Sales Private Limited and issue letter of indent in this regard", an official said here.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took a decision in this regard in a cabinet meeting held here today.
The cabinet also gave a nod to UP solar energy policy-2013, approving policy for opening more sugar mills in the state by private sector.
A number of awards including state level Dr Bhim Ram Ambedkar award for small entrepreneurs, state level Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar for handicraft and Manyawar Kanshiram export award have been renamed as Dr Ram Manohar Lohia small entrepreneur award, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia award for Handicraft and Jeneshwar Mishra export award respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts