UP govt to purchase 15 lakh laptops for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has decided to purchase 15 lakh laptops from Hewlett-Packard India to be distributed among students who pass high school, as promised by Samajwadi Party during Assembly polls in 2012.
"UP Electronics corporation Limited has been allowed by the cabinet to purchase 15 lakh laptops at Rs 19,058 (including taxes and duty) from HP India Sales Private Limited and issue letter of indent in this regard", an official said here.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took a decision in this regard in a cabinet meeting held here today.
The cabinet also gave a nod to UP solar energy policy-2013, approving policy for opening more sugar mills in the state by private sector.
A number of awards including state level Dr Bhim Ram Ambedkar award for small entrepreneurs, state level Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar for handicraft and Manyawar Kanshiram export award have been renamed as Dr Ram Manohar Lohia small entrepreneur award, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia award for Handicraft and Jeneshwar Mishra export award respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years