UP govt to purchase 15 lakh laptops for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has decided to purchase 15 lakh laptops from Hewlett-Packard India to be distributed among students who pass high school, as promised by Samajwadi Party during Assembly polls in 2012.
"UP Electronics corporation Limited has been allowed by the cabinet to purchase 15 lakh laptops at Rs 19,058 (including taxes and duty) from HP India Sales Private Limited and issue letter of indent in this regard", an official said here.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took a decision in this regard in a cabinet meeting held here today.
The cabinet also gave a nod to UP solar energy policy-2013, approving policy for opening more sugar mills in the state by private sector.
A number of awards including state level Dr Bhim Ram Ambedkar award for small entrepreneurs, state level Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar for handicraft and Manyawar Kanshiram export award have been renamed as Dr Ram Manohar Lohia small entrepreneur award, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia award for Handicraft and Jeneshwar Mishra export award respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption