UP govt to run medical colleges set up under SCP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to operate three new medical colleges and a para-medical college, which were earlier planned to be run on public-private partnership basis under special component plan (SCP), an official spokesman said on Saturday.
The medical colleges at Kannauj, Jalaun and Saharanpur and a para medical college at Jhansi are being set up under the special component plan (SCP) meant for Dalit welfare.
The decision taken by Chief Minister Mayawati will fulfil the objectives of the SCP plan and would offer better medical facilities to poor people of the `Sarv Samaj` (all
castes), including Dalits, he said.
Every year 100 students will be able to take admission in each medical college in which 70 percent of the seats will be reserved for SC/ST students.
The chief minister has directed the college officials to get recognition from the Medical Council of India so that teaching work could start from the next academic session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family