UP govt to run medical colleges set up under SCP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to operate three new medical colleges and a para-medical college, which were earlier planned to be run on public-private partnership basis under special component plan (SCP), an official spokesman said on Saturday.
The medical colleges at Kannauj, Jalaun and Saharanpur and a para medical college at Jhansi are being set up under the special component plan (SCP) meant for Dalit welfare.
The decision taken by Chief Minister Mayawati will fulfil the objectives of the SCP plan and would offer better medical facilities to poor people of the `Sarv Samaj` (all
castes), including Dalits, he said.
Every year 100 students will be able to take admission in each medical college in which 70 percent of the seats will be reserved for SC/ST students.
The chief minister has directed the college officials to get recognition from the Medical Council of India so that teaching work could start from the next academic session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official