UP govt to scrap post of cabinet secretary
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday decided to withdraw a proposed amendment Bill which was intended to give immunity to panchayat heads from no-confidence motion for two years and also scrap the post of cabinet secretary.
The decision to withdraw `kshetra panchayat and district panchayat amendment Bill`, 2011 proposed by previous Mayawati government, was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here.
The proposed amendment Bill intended to give two years` immunity to kshetra panchayat heads and chairman of district panchayats from no-confidence motion.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the Opposition against the then BSP government when it introduced the Bill.
The Bill was sent to Governor for his ascent on August 19 last year, but is still pending.
The cabinet decided that the prevailing system of bringing a no-confidence motion after one year was better and hence the Bill should be withdrawn, sources said.
From now on, Chief Secretary will also be the secretary of cabinet unlike previous government in which a post of cabinet secretary was created.
The cabinet also decided to withdraw SLPs filed in Supreme Court in several matters including the then UP Public Service Commission Chairman Ram Sewak and UP State Adhivakta Kalyan Samiti.
The cabinet also decided to rename Manyawar Sri Kanshiram Forest, Environment conversation award scheme in the name of Veer Abdul Hameed award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack