UP govt to scrap post of cabinet secretary
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday decided to withdraw a proposed amendment Bill which was intended to give immunity to panchayat heads from no-confidence motion for two years and also scrap the post of cabinet secretary.
The decision to withdraw `kshetra panchayat and district panchayat amendment Bill`, 2011 proposed by previous Mayawati government, was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here.
The proposed amendment Bill intended to give two years` immunity to kshetra panchayat heads and chairman of district panchayats from no-confidence motion.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the Opposition against the then BSP government when it introduced the Bill.
The Bill was sent to Governor for his ascent on August 19 last year, but is still pending.
The cabinet decided that the prevailing system of bringing a no-confidence motion after one year was better and hence the Bill should be withdrawn, sources said.
From now on, Chief Secretary will also be the secretary of cabinet unlike previous government in which a post of cabinet secretary was created.
The cabinet also decided to withdraw SLPs filed in Supreme Court in several matters including the then UP Public Service Commission Chairman Ram Sewak and UP State Adhivakta Kalyan Samiti.
The cabinet also decided to rename Manyawar Sri Kanshiram Forest, Environment conversation award scheme in the name of Veer Abdul Hameed award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen