UP govt to slap Gangster Act on spurious liquor racketeers
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of the spate of hooch-related deaths recently, the state government has decided to slap the Gangster Act on those involved in the illegal trade.
A spokesman on Monday said if any hooch tragedy was reported from any of the districts, action would be initiated against the excise officials concerned in the area.
Four persons had died after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad on February 26.
Earlier on February 16, sixteen people died after consuming spurious liquor in Varanasi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test