UP govt to slap Gangster Act on spurious liquor racketeers
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of the spate of hooch-related deaths recently, the state government has decided to slap the Gangster Act on those involved in the illegal trade.
A spokesman on Monday said if any hooch tragedy was reported from any of the districts, action would be initiated against the excise officials concerned in the area.
Four persons had died after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad on February 26.
Earlier on February 16, sixteen people died after consuming spurious liquor in Varanasi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress