UP govt to slap Gangster Act on spurious liquor racketeers
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of the spate of hooch-related deaths recently, the state government has decided to slap the Gangster Act on those involved in the illegal trade.
A spokesman on Monday said if any hooch tragedy was reported from any of the districts, action would be initiated against the excise officials concerned in the area.
Four persons had died after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad on February 26.
Earlier on February 16, sixteen people died after consuming spurious liquor in Varanasi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed