UP govt to slap Gangster Act on spurious liquor racketeers
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of the spate of hooch-related deaths recently, the state government has decided to slap the Gangster Act on those involved in the illegal trade.
A spokesman on Monday said if any hooch tragedy was reported from any of the districts, action would be initiated against the excise officials concerned in the area.
Four persons had died after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad on February 26.
Earlier on February 16, sixteen people died after consuming spurious liquor in Varanasi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly