UP govt to slap Gangster Act on spurious liquor racketeers
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of the spate of hooch-related deaths recently, the state government has decided to slap the Gangster Act on those involved in the illegal trade.
A spokesman on Monday said if any hooch tragedy was reported from any of the districts, action would be initiated against the excise officials concerned in the area.
Four persons had died after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad on February 26.
Earlier on February 16, sixteen people died after consuming spurious liquor in Varanasi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...