`UP govt using official machinery for gains`
Lucknow: Accusing the Mayawati government of utilising official machinery for political gains, Samajwadi Party on Thursday demanded that the Election Commission and Governor BL Joshi should review all decisions taken by the state cabinet.
"As the Assembly polls are coming near, the Mayawati government is using official machinery for political gains. All decisions taken by her should be reviewed by the EC and the Governor," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
Chowdhury said that as the government was afraid of the Model Code of Conduct that might come into force once the elections were announced, it was transferring officials with the direction to solve the problems of BSP legislators and ultimately help them in winning elections.
"If SP is voted to power, all such officers, who are working as BSP agents will be taken care of," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals