`UP govt using official machinery for gains`
Lucknow: Accusing the Mayawati government of utilising official machinery for political gains, Samajwadi Party on Thursday demanded that the Election Commission and Governor BL Joshi should review all decisions taken by the state cabinet.
"As the Assembly polls are coming near, the Mayawati government is using official machinery for political gains. All decisions taken by her should be reviewed by the EC and the Governor," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
Chowdhury said that as the government was afraid of the Model Code of Conduct that might come into force once the elections were announced, it was transferring officials with the direction to solve the problems of BSP legislators and ultimately help them in winning elections.
"If SP is voted to power, all such officers, who are working as BSP agents will be taken care of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars