`UP govt using official machinery for gains`
Lucknow: Accusing the Mayawati government of utilising official machinery for political gains, Samajwadi Party on Thursday demanded that the Election Commission and Governor BL Joshi should review all decisions taken by the state cabinet.
"As the Assembly polls are coming near, the Mayawati government is using official machinery for political gains. All decisions taken by her should be reviewed by the EC and the Governor," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
Chowdhury said that as the government was afraid of the Model Code of Conduct that might come into force once the elections were announced, it was transferring officials with the direction to solve the problems of BSP legislators and ultimately help them in winning elections.
"If SP is voted to power, all such officers, who are working as BSP agents will be taken care of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi