`UP govt using official machinery for gains`
Lucknow: Accusing the Mayawati government of utilising official machinery for political gains, Samajwadi Party on Thursday demanded that the Election Commission and Governor BL Joshi should review all decisions taken by the state cabinet.
"As the Assembly polls are coming near, the Mayawati government is using official machinery for political gains. All decisions taken by her should be reviewed by the EC and the Governor," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
Chowdhury said that as the government was afraid of the Model Code of Conduct that might come into force once the elections were announced, it was transferring officials with the direction to solve the problems of BSP legislators and ultimately help them in winning elections.
"If SP is voted to power, all such officers, who are working as BSP agents will be taken care of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand