UP govt wants to implement Sachar report: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said his government is serious about implementing the Sachar Committee recommendations for the welfare of Muslims.
The Chief Minister, who met a delegation of Muslim Ulemas and Maulvis from Bundelkhand, assured the religious leaders that the community will be included in all development schemes and his government is serious about implementing Sachar Committee Report on the Status of Muslim Community and the Ranganath Mishra Commission Report on Religious and Linguistic Minorities.
He said arrangements would be made to ensure that 18 per cent of the benefits of all the government schemes reach Muslims, a SP release quoting the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister assured them that they would be included in the development schemes and their participation would be ensured at all levels of governance.
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for preparing a report on the social, economic and educational status of Muslims and was tabled in Parliament in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan