UP govt wants to implement Sachar report: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said his government is serious about implementing the Sachar Committee recommendations for the welfare of Muslims.
The Chief Minister, who met a delegation of Muslim Ulemas and Maulvis from Bundelkhand, assured the religious leaders that the community will be included in all development schemes and his government is serious about implementing Sachar Committee Report on the Status of Muslim Community and the Ranganath Mishra Commission Report on Religious and Linguistic Minorities.
He said arrangements would be made to ensure that 18 per cent of the benefits of all the government schemes reach Muslims, a SP release quoting the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister assured them that they would be included in the development schemes and their participation would be ensured at all levels of governance.
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for preparing a report on the social, economic and educational status of Muslims and was tabled in Parliament in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?