UP govt wants to implement Sachar report: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said his government is serious about implementing the Sachar Committee recommendations for the welfare of Muslims.
The Chief Minister, who met a delegation of Muslim Ulemas and Maulvis from Bundelkhand, assured the religious leaders that the community will be included in all development schemes and his government is serious about implementing Sachar Committee Report on the Status of Muslim Community and the Ranganath Mishra Commission Report on Religious and Linguistic Minorities.
He said arrangements would be made to ensure that 18 per cent of the benefits of all the government schemes reach Muslims, a SP release quoting the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister assured them that they would be included in the development schemes and their participation would be ensured at all levels of governance.
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for preparing a report on the social, economic and educational status of Muslims and was tabled in Parliament in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know