UP govt wants to implement Sachar report: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said his government is serious about implementing the Sachar Committee recommendations for the welfare of Muslims.
The Chief Minister, who met a delegation of Muslim Ulemas and Maulvis from Bundelkhand, assured the religious leaders that the community will be included in all development schemes and his government is serious about implementing Sachar Committee Report on the Status of Muslim Community and the Ranganath Mishra Commission Report on Religious and Linguistic Minorities.
He said arrangements would be made to ensure that 18 per cent of the benefits of all the government schemes reach Muslims, a SP release quoting the chief minister said.
The Chief Minister assured them that they would be included in the development schemes and their participation would be ensured at all levels of governance.
The Rajinder Sachar Committee was appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for preparing a report on the social, economic and educational status of Muslims and was tabled in Parliament in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what