UP govt will appeal against Barabanki court`s decision: Azam Khan
Lucknow: The UP government would appeal against the Barabanki court`s decision rejecting its plea to withdraw case against two alleged HuJI operatives in connection with seizure of explosives.
"This is not the last court. An appeal would be filed against the Barabanki court decision of today," UP Minister Azam Khan said on the sidelines of a programme here.
The UP government`s application moved on April 26 to withdraw case against Tariq Kasmi and Khalid Mujahid, who are also accused in 2007 Gorakhpur serial blasts case, was earlier today rejected by a Barabanki court.
"The government has its own right and the court, its own. There should not be any clash between the government and the court. This is proved in the manner in which the government recently implemented the orders of the high court," Khan said.
"But if someone is proved innocent in police investigations, he should get justice," Khan said, adding that "if the government does not do justice with the innocent, it also amounts to injustice."
The minister said the process of justice should go on and not stop.
Kasmi and Mujahid were reportedly arrested from near Barabanki railway station with explosives.
After coming to power, the SP government had announced to the review cases against "innocent" youths lodged in jail on charges of attacks in Rampur as well as in serial blasts in courts of Faizabad, Barabanki, Lucknow and also in Gorakhpur and Varanasi blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!