‘UP govt won`t order CBI probe into cases against Varun Gandhi’
Badaun: Turning down the possibility of a CBI probe into provocative speech cases against BJP national General Secretary Varun Gandhi, senior cabinet minister Azam Khan on Monday said that by doing so the government will give him undue importance.
Khan, who was here to meet SP MLA Abid Raza, while talking to reporters said that the government would not conduct an inquiry into cases in which the BJP leader has been acquitted.
"By conducting a CBI inquiry we do not want to increase his importance. His activities are not such that by conducting CBI inquiry we elevate his stature," Khan said.
Khan alleged that Gandhi speaks against a particular community and the language he uses is that of a "cheap person" and not a political leader.
Taking a dig at Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s comment on the apex court`s observation of CBI being a "caged parrot", Khan said, "due to his such activities Congress has maintained distance from him, but Singh is not ready to reform and continues to give such statements."
On alleged conspiracy in connection with the death of serial blasts accused Khalid Mujahid on May 18, Khan said, "is it right to lodge fake cases against Muslims and attack them in their houses?"
About taking action against the officers, who allegedly lodged fake case against Mujahid he said, "will you ask everything from me then what will you ask the minister."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended