‘UP govt won`t order CBI probe into cases against Varun Gandhi’
Badaun: Turning down the possibility of a CBI probe into provocative speech cases against BJP national General Secretary Varun Gandhi, senior cabinet minister Azam Khan on Monday said that by doing so the government will give him undue importance.
Khan, who was here to meet SP MLA Abid Raza, while talking to reporters said that the government would not conduct an inquiry into cases in which the BJP leader has been acquitted.
"By conducting a CBI inquiry we do not want to increase his importance. His activities are not such that by conducting CBI inquiry we elevate his stature," Khan said.
Khan alleged that Gandhi speaks against a particular community and the language he uses is that of a "cheap person" and not a political leader.
Taking a dig at Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s comment on the apex court`s observation of CBI being a "caged parrot", Khan said, "due to his such activities Congress has maintained distance from him, but Singh is not ready to reform and continues to give such statements."
On alleged conspiracy in connection with the death of serial blasts accused Khalid Mujahid on May 18, Khan said, "is it right to lodge fake cases against Muslims and attack them in their houses?"
About taking action against the officers, who allegedly lodged fake case against Mujahid he said, "will you ask everything from me then what will you ask the minister."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets