‘UP govt won`t order CBI probe into cases against Varun Gandhi’
Badaun: Turning down the possibility of a CBI probe into provocative speech cases against BJP national General Secretary Varun Gandhi, senior cabinet minister Azam Khan on Monday said that by doing so the government will give him undue importance.
Khan, who was here to meet SP MLA Abid Raza, while talking to reporters said that the government would not conduct an inquiry into cases in which the BJP leader has been acquitted.
"By conducting a CBI inquiry we do not want to increase his importance. His activities are not such that by conducting CBI inquiry we elevate his stature," Khan said.
Khan alleged that Gandhi speaks against a particular community and the language he uses is that of a "cheap person" and not a political leader.
Taking a dig at Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s comment on the apex court`s observation of CBI being a "caged parrot", Khan said, "due to his such activities Congress has maintained distance from him, but Singh is not ready to reform and continues to give such statements."
On alleged conspiracy in connection with the death of serial blasts accused Khalid Mujahid on May 18, Khan said, "is it right to lodge fake cases against Muslims and attack them in their houses?"
About taking action against the officers, who allegedly lodged fake case against Mujahid he said, "will you ask everything from me then what will you ask the minister."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi