UP govt workers go on flash strike
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees who are opposing reservation in promotions on Monday went on a flash strike after they were allegedly beaten up by BJP workers at the airport here.
"We had gone to submit a memorandum to senior BJP leaders against the passage of the bill in Rajya Sabha as the party`s national president Nitin Gadkari, too, was present when the incident happened," convenor of Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, Shailendra Dubey, said.
The BJP brass is in the city to preside over former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh`s re-entry into the party.
Dubey alleged that former state president Surya Pratap Shahi had instigated BJP workers to carry out an unprovoked attack on the employees` group.
Dubey said that the incident took place in the presence of Gadkari, state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai and senior leader Kalraj Mishra.
"I have given a call for boycott of work and will hold a protest meeting in the afternoon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives
- Indian tablet market grew 14.4% in Q2 2016; Datawind continues domination
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan