UP govt workers go on flash strike
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees who are opposing reservation in promotions on Monday went on a flash strike after they were allegedly beaten up by BJP workers at the airport here.
"We had gone to submit a memorandum to senior BJP leaders against the passage of the bill in Rajya Sabha as the party`s national president Nitin Gadkari, too, was present when the incident happened," convenor of Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, Shailendra Dubey, said.
The BJP brass is in the city to preside over former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh`s re-entry into the party.
Dubey alleged that former state president Surya Pratap Shahi had instigated BJP workers to carry out an unprovoked attack on the employees` group.
Dubey said that the incident took place in the presence of Gadkari, state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai and senior leader Kalraj Mishra.
"I have given a call for boycott of work and will hold a protest meeting in the afternoon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!