UP: Groom double the age of bride sent back unwed
Bulandshahr: A marriage party was forced
to return without the bride after residents of a village here learnt the groom was twice the girl`s age, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Chansi village.
"Everything was in place...The marriage party had come
from Sulaila village. However, when the villagers saw the
groom they learnt that he was 50-years-old, while the girl was
only 22," SP (Rural) MP Singh said.
"Seeing such a huge age gap, the villagers collectively
decided against the wedding and sent back the marriage party after the feast," he said.
The groom`s side raised objections but left after the
villagers threatened to send them to jail, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands