UP: Groom double the age of bride sent back unwed
Bulandshahr: A marriage party was forced
to return without the bride after residents of a village here learnt the groom was twice the girl`s age, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Chansi village.
"Everything was in place...The marriage party had come
from Sulaila village. However, when the villagers saw the
groom they learnt that he was 50-years-old, while the girl was
only 22," SP (Rural) MP Singh said.
"Seeing such a huge age gap, the villagers collectively
decided against the wedding and sent back the marriage party after the feast," he said.
The groom`s side raised objections but left after the
villagers threatened to send them to jail, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth