UP: Groom double the age of bride sent back unwed
Bulandshahr: A marriage party was forced
to return without the bride after residents of a village here learnt the groom was twice the girl`s age, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Chansi village.
"Everything was in place...The marriage party had come
from Sulaila village. However, when the villagers saw the
groom they learnt that he was 50-years-old, while the girl was
only 22," SP (Rural) MP Singh said.
"Seeing such a huge age gap, the villagers collectively
decided against the wedding and sent back the marriage party after the feast," he said.
The groom`s side raised objections but left after the
villagers threatened to send them to jail, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof