UP: Groom double the age of bride sent back unwed
Bulandshahr: A marriage party was forced
to return without the bride after residents of a village here learnt the groom was twice the girl`s age, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday at Chansi village.
"Everything was in place...The marriage party had come
from Sulaila village. However, when the villagers saw the
groom they learnt that he was 50-years-old, while the girl was
only 22," SP (Rural) MP Singh said.
"Seeing such a huge age gap, the villagers collectively
decided against the wedding and sent back the marriage party after the feast," he said.
The groom`s side raised objections but left after the
villagers threatened to send them to jail, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic