UP Guv accepts minister`s resignation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi
on Monday accepted the resignation of Minister of State for
Ayurveda Medicine Daddan Mishra on the recommendation of Chief
The resignation of Mishra, who had quit on moral ground
after he was denied party ticket, had been accepted, a BSP
release said here.
It said Mishra faced charges of anti-party activities
and neglect of regional problems.
Mishra had urged the BSP chief not to deny him ticket
several times but as the charges against him were serious, a
decision was taken not to renominate him from Bhinga seat in
Shrawasti district, the release said.
Meanwhile, BJP sources here said Mishra had joined the
party in Delhi and was likely to be fielded as party
On December 30, Mishra had resigned as minister on
moral ground but had said he would continue to work for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore