UP Guv, CM greet people on eve of Ambedkar Jayanti
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh governor B L Joshi and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday extended their good wishes to the people on the eve of 122nd birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar on Sunday.
In his message, the governor said Ambedkar dedicated his entire life in the service of the deprived sections of society. His services towards the mankind will never be forgotten.
The Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that Ambedkar struggled throughout his life for the rights of Dalits, disadvantaged, oppressed, minorities and backward sections of society.
"For removing the disparity prevailing in the society and ensuring social justice he made many provisions in the Constitution. Dr Ambedkar believed that an ideal society can be established by eliminating social ills. His contribution for the victims of injustice and oppression will always be remembered," he said.
The Chief Minister added that the resolve to tread the path shown by Dr Ambedkar on his jayanti would be a true tribute to the great leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Delhi HC to hear Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh's plea in money laundering case
- JNU student arrested for raping foreign national at hostel after getting her drunk
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls