UP Guv, CM greet people on eve of Ambedkar Jayanti
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh governor B L Joshi and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday extended their good wishes to the people on the eve of 122nd birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar on Sunday.
In his message, the governor said Ambedkar dedicated his entire life in the service of the deprived sections of society. His services towards the mankind will never be forgotten.
The Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that Ambedkar struggled throughout his life for the rights of Dalits, disadvantaged, oppressed, minorities and backward sections of society.
"For removing the disparity prevailing in the society and ensuring social justice he made many provisions in the Constitution. Dr Ambedkar believed that an ideal society can be established by eliminating social ills. His contribution for the victims of injustice and oppression will always be remembered," he said.
The Chief Minister added that the resolve to tread the path shown by Dr Ambedkar on his jayanti would be a true tribute to the great leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers