UP Guv, CM greet people on eve of Ambedkar Jayanti
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh governor B L Joshi and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday extended their good wishes to the people on the eve of 122nd birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar on Sunday.
In his message, the governor said Ambedkar dedicated his entire life in the service of the deprived sections of society. His services towards the mankind will never be forgotten.
The Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that Ambedkar struggled throughout his life for the rights of Dalits, disadvantaged, oppressed, minorities and backward sections of society.
"For removing the disparity prevailing in the society and ensuring social justice he made many provisions in the Constitution. Dr Ambedkar believed that an ideal society can be established by eliminating social ills. His contribution for the victims of injustice and oppression will always be remembered," he said.
The Chief Minister added that the resolve to tread the path shown by Dr Ambedkar on his jayanti would be a true tribute to the great leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout