UP has online payment facility for power bills
Lucknow: In a bid to simplify the process of tariff collection, the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has introduced a system of online payment of electricity bills in the state.
Consumers will be able to pay their bills through debit and credit cards and online banking by logging into the website www.uppclonline.com specially designed for the purpose.
"The corporation has developed website www.Uppclonline.Com on which consumers could register themselves by entering their account number and bill number to pay their bills," Corporation Chairman Avnish Awasthi said.
He however, said that at present only Punjab National Bank is linked for the internet banking option and process is on to add other banks too.
In first phase, this facility will be available in the cities of Lucknow, Varanasi, Aligarh and Meerut and then will be extended later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery