UP has online payment facility for power bills
Lucknow: In a bid to simplify the process of tariff collection, the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has introduced a system of online payment of electricity bills in the state.
Consumers will be able to pay their bills through debit and credit cards and online banking by logging into the website www.uppclonline.com specially designed for the purpose.
"The corporation has developed website www.Uppclonline.Com on which consumers could register themselves by entering their account number and bill number to pay their bills," Corporation Chairman Avnish Awasthi said.
He however, said that at present only Punjab National Bank is linked for the internet banking option and process is on to add other banks too.
In first phase, this facility will be available in the cities of Lucknow, Varanasi, Aligarh and Meerut and then will be extended later, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'