UP has online payment facility for power bills
Lucknow: In a bid to simplify the process of tariff collection, the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has introduced a system of online payment of electricity bills in the state.
Consumers will be able to pay their bills through debit and credit cards and online banking by logging into the website www.uppclonline.com specially designed for the purpose.
"The corporation has developed website www.Uppclonline.Com on which consumers could register themselves by entering their account number and bill number to pay their bills," Corporation Chairman Avnish Awasthi said.
He however, said that at present only Punjab National Bank is linked for the internet banking option and process is on to add other banks too.
In first phase, this facility will be available in the cities of Lucknow, Varanasi, Aligarh and Meerut and then will be extended later, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list