UP has online payment facility for power bills
Lucknow: In a bid to simplify the process of tariff collection, the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has introduced a system of online payment of electricity bills in the state.
Consumers will be able to pay their bills through debit and credit cards and online banking by logging into the website www.uppclonline.com specially designed for the purpose.
"The corporation has developed website www.Uppclonline.Com on which consumers could register themselves by entering their account number and bill number to pay their bills," Corporation Chairman Avnish Awasthi said.
He however, said that at present only Punjab National Bank is linked for the internet banking option and process is on to add other banks too.
In first phase, this facility will be available in the cities of Lucknow, Varanasi, Aligarh and Meerut and then will be extended later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?