UP has online payment facility for power bills
Lucknow: In a bid to simplify the process of tariff collection, the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has introduced a system of online payment of electricity bills in the state.
Consumers will be able to pay their bills through debit and credit cards and online banking by logging into the website www.uppclonline.com specially designed for the purpose.
"The corporation has developed website www.Uppclonline.Com on which consumers could register themselves by entering their account number and bill number to pay their bills," Corporation Chairman Avnish Awasthi said.
He however, said that at present only Punjab National Bank is linked for the internet banking option and process is on to add other banks too.
In first phase, this facility will be available in the cities of Lucknow, Varanasi, Aligarh and Meerut and then will be extended later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail