UP: HC dismisses petition for rectifying Sonia`s name
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the
Allahabad High Court on Tuesday dismissed a writ petition seeking
direction for rectifying the name of Congress president Sonia
Gandhi in the electoral rolls and other documents.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradip Kant and
Justice Ved Pal dismissed the petition filed by a local lawyer
Pandey, in his petition, had stated that since Sonia
Gandhi`s real name was Antonia Maino Gandhi, it should be
incorporated in the original form and not as Sonia Gandhi. The
court however rejected the submission of the petitioner.
Later Pandey told PTI that the court has dismissed
his petition while imposing the cost of Rs 50,000 on him which
he has to deposit in the court office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan