UP: HC dismisses plea of former BSP minister
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday
dismissed a petition of former BSP cabinet minister Ram Achal Rajbhar seeking stay on his arrest in a criminal case related to election violence.
A Lucknow bench comprising justices Abdul Mateen and
S K Saxena rejected the plea of Rajbhar, transport minister in Mayawati government, observing that it had no merit.
The petitioner had challenged the filing of FIR on a
complaint by Ram Johar Verma at Saumanpur police station in Ambedkarnagar district on charges of attempt to murder,
unlawful assembly and assault.
Rajbhar is among the six accused in the case.
It was alleged by the complainant that due to election
rivalry, associates of Rajbhar had on March 8 assaulted him
and his son at the former minster`s behest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi