UP: HC dismisses plea of former BSP minister
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Friday
dismissed a petition of former BSP cabinet minister Ram Achal Rajbhar seeking stay on his arrest in a criminal case related to election violence.
A Lucknow bench comprising justices Abdul Mateen and
S K Saxena rejected the plea of Rajbhar, transport minister in Mayawati government, observing that it had no merit.
The petitioner had challenged the filing of FIR on a
complaint by Ram Johar Verma at Saumanpur police station in Ambedkarnagar district on charges of attempt to murder,
unlawful assembly and assault.
Rajbhar is among the six accused in the case.
It was alleged by the complainant that due to election
rivalry, associates of Rajbhar had on March 8 assaulted him
and his son at the former minster`s behest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics