UP: HC grants bail to controversial BSP MLA Guddu Pandit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
granted bail to controversial BSP MLA Shri Bhagwan Sharma who
is in jail for alleged kidnapping of some people in
Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh during panchayat
elections held last year.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order to this effect on a
bail application filed by the ruling party MLA who represents
Debai constituency in the state assembly.
Pandit, whose name had figured in an alleged rape case in
2007, shortly after BSP came to power in the state, was
arrested again in December, 2010, following an FIR lodged at
Chhatari police station of Bulandshahr, alleging that 14
members of a Block Development Council were arrested while
they were on their way to cast votes for the election of
After being arrested, the MLA was slapped with the
stringent Gangster Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!