UP: HC grants bail to controversial BSP MLA Guddu Pandit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
granted bail to controversial BSP MLA Shri Bhagwan Sharma who
is in jail for alleged kidnapping of some people in
Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh during panchayat
elections held last year.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order to this effect on a
bail application filed by the ruling party MLA who represents
Debai constituency in the state assembly.
Pandit, whose name had figured in an alleged rape case in
2007, shortly after BSP came to power in the state, was
arrested again in December, 2010, following an FIR lodged at
Chhatari police station of Bulandshahr, alleging that 14
members of a Block Development Council were arrested while
they were on their way to cast votes for the election of
After being arrested, the MLA was slapped with the
stringent Gangster Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic
- Court hears horror of Khmer Rouge forced marriages
- PE inflows in real estate up 33% at Rs 5,193 crore in January-June
- WATCH: Chandrababu Naidu plays badminton with PV Sindhu on stage during felicitation ceremony
- Bihar CM calls on PM Narendra Modi, apprise him on flood situation in Bihar