UP: HC grants bail to controversial BSP MLA Guddu Pandit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
granted bail to controversial BSP MLA Shri Bhagwan Sharma who
is in jail for alleged kidnapping of some people in
Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh during panchayat
elections held last year.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order to this effect on a
bail application filed by the ruling party MLA who represents
Debai constituency in the state assembly.
Pandit, whose name had figured in an alleged rape case in
2007, shortly after BSP came to power in the state, was
arrested again in December, 2010, following an FIR lodged at
Chhatari police station of Bulandshahr, alleging that 14
members of a Block Development Council were arrested while
they were on their way to cast votes for the election of
After being arrested, the MLA was slapped with the
stringent Gangster Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31