UP: HC grants bail to controversial BSP MLA Guddu Pandit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
granted bail to controversial BSP MLA Shri Bhagwan Sharma who
is in jail for alleged kidnapping of some people in
Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh during panchayat
elections held last year.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order to this effect on a
bail application filed by the ruling party MLA who represents
Debai constituency in the state assembly.
Pandit, whose name had figured in an alleged rape case in
2007, shortly after BSP came to power in the state, was
arrested again in December, 2010, following an FIR lodged at
Chhatari police station of Bulandshahr, alleging that 14
members of a Block Development Council were arrested while
they were on their way to cast votes for the election of
After being arrested, the MLA was slapped with the
stringent Gangster Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!