UP: HC grants bail to controversial BSP MLA Guddu Pandit
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday
granted bail to controversial BSP MLA Shri Bhagwan Sharma who
is in jail for alleged kidnapping of some people in
Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh during panchayat
elections held last year.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order to this effect on a
bail application filed by the ruling party MLA who represents
Debai constituency in the state assembly.
Pandit, whose name had figured in an alleged rape case in
2007, shortly after BSP came to power in the state, was
arrested again in December, 2010, following an FIR lodged at
Chhatari police station of Bulandshahr, alleging that 14
members of a Block Development Council were arrested while
they were on their way to cast votes for the election of
After being arrested, the MLA was slapped with the
stringent Gangster Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman