UP health scam: Court returns charge sheet
Lucknow: Pulling up the UP police, a
local court on Thursday refused to take cognisance of the charge
sheet submitted by it in the alleged state health department
scam in which medical officers including Y S Sachan were
arrested, saying it was prepared in haste.
The charge sheet was submitted to Special Additional
Chief Judicial Magistrate Intikhab Alam who returned it with
the case diary, asking the police to complete the probe
seriously, court sources said
The court said that the charge sheet was prepared in
haste, they said.
Former Lucknow CMO AK Shukla, who was arrested on July
12, a clerk, Deputy CMO YS Sachan, who died under mysterious
circumstances in a jail here last month, and some contractors
were charged with misappropriation of funds in National Rural
Health Misssion (NRHM) by Joint Director (Administration)
Rajendra Singh in April this.
In the FIR, Singh alleged that the CMO misused his
powers and helped his associates in withdrawing government
funds by producing fake bills.
The financial irregularities were detected during
investigation into the murder of CMO B P Singh, who was shot
dead in Gomti Nagar area on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet