UP health scam: Court returns charge sheet
Lucknow: Pulling up the UP police, a
local court on Thursday refused to take cognisance of the charge
sheet submitted by it in the alleged state health department
scam in which medical officers including Y S Sachan were
arrested, saying it was prepared in haste.
The charge sheet was submitted to Special Additional
Chief Judicial Magistrate Intikhab Alam who returned it with
the case diary, asking the police to complete the probe
seriously, court sources said
The court said that the charge sheet was prepared in
haste, they said.
Former Lucknow CMO AK Shukla, who was arrested on July
12, a clerk, Deputy CMO YS Sachan, who died under mysterious
circumstances in a jail here last month, and some contractors
were charged with misappropriation of funds in National Rural
Health Misssion (NRHM) by Joint Director (Administration)
Rajendra Singh in April this.
In the FIR, Singh alleged that the CMO misused his
powers and helped his associates in withdrawing government
funds by producing fake bills.
The financial irregularities were detected during
investigation into the murder of CMO B P Singh, who was shot
dead in Gomti Nagar area on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi