UP health scam: Court returns charge sheet
Lucknow: Pulling up the UP police, a
local court on Thursday refused to take cognisance of the charge
sheet submitted by it in the alleged state health department
scam in which medical officers including Y S Sachan were
arrested, saying it was prepared in haste.
The charge sheet was submitted to Special Additional
Chief Judicial Magistrate Intikhab Alam who returned it with
the case diary, asking the police to complete the probe
seriously, court sources said
The court said that the charge sheet was prepared in
haste, they said.
Former Lucknow CMO AK Shukla, who was arrested on July
12, a clerk, Deputy CMO YS Sachan, who died under mysterious
circumstances in a jail here last month, and some contractors
were charged with misappropriation of funds in National Rural
Health Misssion (NRHM) by Joint Director (Administration)
Rajendra Singh in April this.
In the FIR, Singh alleged that the CMO misused his
powers and helped his associates in withdrawing government
funds by producing fake bills.
The financial irregularities were detected during
investigation into the murder of CMO B P Singh, who was shot
dead in Gomti Nagar area on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire