UP hikes state cane price by Rs 40/quintal
Lucknow: With an eye apparently on the
forthcoming Assembly elections, the Uttar Pradesh government today hiked cane price by Rs 40 to a maximum of Rs 250 per
"In the interest of the farmers the government has
decided to hike the State Advisory Price (SAP) of the cane by
Rs 40 per quintal," Chief Minister Mayawati told reporters
She said that now the cane price of different varieties
of cane would be Rs 235 per quintal, Rs 240 and Rs 250
"The decision will benefit more than 40 lakh cane farmers
in the state," she said.
In the last crushing season, the government had fixed the SAP between Rs 205 per quintal and Rs 210 per quintal.
Mayawati said that sugar mills have also been directed to
start crushing within next three days at all cost.
"As compared to previous regimes, the government has
hiked SAP by 65 per cent in the last four years," she said.
Mayawati said that the SAP announced by the government
was higher than Punjab where cane price has been fixed at Rs
220, 225 and 230 per quintal for different categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical