UP hikes VAT by 0.5%; to make ACs, mobiles costlier
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has hiked the value added tax (VAT) by 0.5 per cent, a move which will make ACs, refrigerators and other such goods costlier.
The decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting yesterday and would be applicable after issuance of the notification today, official sources said.
As per the decision, in addition to 12.5 per cent VAT, which is imposed on certain items, additional tax has been increased from existing 1 per cent to 1.5 per cent.
It will make ACs, refrigerators, motor cycles, cosmetics, shampoos, sanitary goods, tiles, electrical appliances, transformers, water purifiers, cameras, mobile phones (costing more than Rs 10,000), cooked food supplements, industrial LPG, watches, cranes, cement, machinery and others goods costly.
Though the additional tax has been increased, the state government claimed that it was less as compared to the other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan