UP honour killing case: girl remains traceless
Muzaffarnagar: The girl, whose family had killed her boyfriend in a suspected case of honour killing, continued to remain traceless, police said on Sunday.
The girl Anshu Tomar, in early 20s, is yet to be found, police said adding efforts are on in this direction.
The police suspect that she has also been killed.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a BBA student Ajit Saini, who is in early 20s, was killed by the family of the girl with whom he had eloped two months ago and the two had returned home on April 19 after they were given assurance that their marriage would soon be solemnised.
The body of the boy was found in Mandi area here on
Friday last. His throat was found slit and legs cut off.
The police have yet not succeeded in recovering the
legs which were chopped off when he tried to free himself from
Police have registerd a case against 11 members of
the girl`s family and arrested her father Narendra Tomar and
brother Anuj on the basis of complaint filed by the boy`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Confirmed: Apple iPhone 7 pre-orders to start September 9
- HC refuses to put on hold Dayashankar Singh's arrest over derogatory remarks against Mayawati
- Assam floods: CM Sarbananda Sonowal sends ministers to districts
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan