UP honour killing case: girl remains traceless
Muzaffarnagar: The girl, whose family had killed her boyfriend in a suspected case of honour killing, continued to remain traceless, police said on Sunday.
The girl Anshu Tomar, in early 20s, is yet to be found, police said adding efforts are on in this direction.
The police suspect that she has also been killed.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a BBA student Ajit Saini, who is in early 20s, was killed by the family of the girl with whom he had eloped two months ago and the two had returned home on April 19 after they were given assurance that their marriage would soon be solemnised.
The body of the boy was found in Mandi area here on
Friday last. His throat was found slit and legs cut off.
The police have yet not succeeded in recovering the
legs which were chopped off when he tried to free himself from
Police have registerd a case against 11 members of
the girl`s family and arrested her father Narendra Tomar and
brother Anuj on the basis of complaint filed by the boy`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Honorary Fellowship awarded to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in UK
- MSc-PhD in chemical, molecular biology to be offered by IIT-Kharagpur, IACS
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cuts short China visit
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram