UP honour killing case: girl remains traceless
Muzaffarnagar: The girl, whose family had killed her boyfriend in a suspected case of honour killing, continued to remain traceless, police said on Sunday.
The girl Anshu Tomar, in early 20s, is yet to be found, police said adding efforts are on in this direction.
The police suspect that she has also been killed.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a BBA student Ajit Saini, who is in early 20s, was killed by the family of the girl with whom he had eloped two months ago and the two had returned home on April 19 after they were given assurance that their marriage would soon be solemnised.
The body of the boy was found in Mandi area here on
Friday last. His throat was found slit and legs cut off.
The police have yet not succeeded in recovering the
legs which were chopped off when he tried to free himself from
Police have registerd a case against 11 members of
the girl`s family and arrested her father Narendra Tomar and
brother Anuj on the basis of complaint filed by the boy`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan