UP honour killing case: girl remains traceless
Muzaffarnagar: The girl, whose family had killed her boyfriend in a suspected case of honour killing, continued to remain traceless, police said on Sunday.
The girl Anshu Tomar, in early 20s, is yet to be found, police said adding efforts are on in this direction.
The police suspect that she has also been killed.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a BBA student Ajit Saini, who is in early 20s, was killed by the family of the girl with whom he had eloped two months ago and the two had returned home on April 19 after they were given assurance that their marriage would soon be solemnised.
The body of the boy was found in Mandi area here on
Friday last. His throat was found slit and legs cut off.
The police have yet not succeeded in recovering the
legs which were chopped off when he tried to free himself from
Police have registerd a case against 11 members of
the girl`s family and arrested her father Narendra Tomar and
brother Anuj on the basis of complaint filed by the boy`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured