UP honour killing: Police arrest prime accused
Bulandshahr: In a major breakthrough in the murder of Abdul Hakim, the Uttar Pradesh police today arrested the prime accused Salman in the suspected honour killing case here.
Announcing his arrest, SSP Gulab Singh said two country-made pistols were also recovered from his possession.
"We have arrested the prime accused Salman in the Abdul Hakim murder case. Two country-made pistols were also recovered from his possession," Singh said today.
Police suspect the arms recovered from him were used in the crime, he added.
Hakim, who had married a girl Mahvish against her parents` wishes, had revealed threats to his life from girl`s family members during his appearance in Bollywood actor Amir Khan`s TV show `Satyamev Jayate`.
His killing had drawn widespread criticism, compelling the Central government to seek report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation