UP honour killing: Police arrest prime accused
Bulandshahr: In a major breakthrough in the murder of Abdul Hakim, the Uttar Pradesh police today arrested the prime accused Salman in the suspected honour killing case here.
Announcing his arrest, SSP Gulab Singh said two country-made pistols were also recovered from his possession.
"We have arrested the prime accused Salman in the Abdul Hakim murder case. Two country-made pistols were also recovered from his possession," Singh said today.
Police suspect the arms recovered from him were used in the crime, he added.
Hakim, who had married a girl Mahvish against her parents` wishes, had revealed threats to his life from girl`s family members during his appearance in Bollywood actor Amir Khan`s TV show `Satyamev Jayate`.
His killing had drawn widespread criticism, compelling the Central government to seek report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi