UP: Human Rights Commission orders inquiry into acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: The Human Rights Commission has ordered an inquiry into a case in which acid was thrown on a Dalit girl student in Saharanpur district, sources said on Sunday.
Anupa sustained burn injuries when acid was thrown on her by two miscreants at Gangoh town in the district on September 23, 2010, they said, adding, police had registered a case and arrested two culprits, Sonu and Rajiv in this connection.
The Commission has ordered an inquiry into the writ petition filed by the victim`s family, the sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Hiralal, who is conducting the inquiry into the case, has visited the victim`s house to investigate into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday